The following links will take you to federal Web sites that provide information on HIV and AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and viral hepatitis. See below for information centers to answer your questions about prevention and treatment.
- HIV and AIDS
- Viral Hepatitis
- CDC-INFO answers your questions about disease prevention and health promotion. Representatives are available to answer questions in English and Spanish Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (eastern time)
- 1–800–CDC–INFO (1–800–232–4636)
- TTY: 1–888–232–6348
HIV/AIDS basic information, including how HIV is spread, how to protect yourself, resources for the newly diagnosed, and staying healthy.
- HIV treatment and clinical trials information
- For answers to your questions about HIV/AIDS clinical trials and treatment in English or Spanish, Monday through Friday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time), contact:
- 1–800–HIV–0440 (1–800–448–0440)
- Fax: 1–301–315–2818
- Outside United States: 1–301–315–2816
- TTY: 1–888–480–3739
- HIV/AIDS and AIDS-related conditions information, including therapies, products, food safety, and clinical trials and drug development
- Hepatitis B and C information on FDA-approved treatment therapies
Information on causes, transmission, symptoms, testing, and more for: